MAKING A DIFFERENCE
At Camm & Hooper, we believe in creating a positive impact on the world
We are committed to conducting business in a responsible and ethical manner that benefits both our stakeholders and the wider community. We are dedicated to minimising our environmental impact by implementing sustainable practices and reducing waste, energy and water usage. We support our local communities by investing in education and employment initiatives, and we strive to ensure that our suppliers operate ethically and sustainably.
We take our responsibility as a good corporate citizen seriously, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equality, and inclusiveness in all areas of our business.
We seek to build strong relationships with our stakeholders, including customers, employees, partners, and suppliers, to create a positive and sustainable future for all.
We only select venues with good public transport links close to major transport reduce carbon emissions.
We will deliver carbon offsetting to cover the carbon footprint of our events. We specify the use of the most energy efficient options for AV requirements, including specifying LED lighting wherever suitable. On site at the event, our staff are diligent in checking that lighting and equipment are turned off when not required.
Supply Chain & Communication
We favour suppliers which have and follow a sustainability policy. Where possible we try to source suppliers local to us. When ordering event materials we look at where the item is produced and how it is transported at each stage. We communicate with all suppliers about our sustainable approach to events.
We choose seasonal British produce, locally sourced where possible, cutting down on air miles whilst supporting local farms, fields and rivers.
- Minimising usage of chemicals and restriction of aerosols when cleaning.
- Using microfibre cloths which can be washed & re-used instead of disposables.
- Encouraging the conservation of energy and water by using modern, more efficient technology.
- Training & educating staff on company’s environmental policy.
- Only using similarly-minded suppliers and subcontractors.
We are working towards compliance to the ISO 20121 sustainable events standard and follow the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance (SEA).
- By not selling plastic bottled mineral water in any of our events eliminates packaging waste associated with pre-bottled water – we only use glass single use or glass refillable bottles.
- Reduces refrigeration storage requirements by chilling water on demand.
- Vastly reduces carbon footprint.
HOW WE GIVE BACK
The Camm & Hooper Foundation is created with the sole mission to donate and support charities. We understand the importance of supporting charities that are meaningful to our people and our communities.
- Our team will collectively nominate five charities every year to be supported by the foundation.
- We aim to support such initiatives as Hospitality action, The Clink, & organisations that focus on feeding the homeless and vulnerable across the Cities we operate in.
- Our Claire Lawson Annual Award will be given to an individual entering the hospitality world who needs a little help getting started.