We are looking for an Event Operations Manager to lead spectacular events from load-in to clean-down and everything in between.
Whether it be a party showstopper at OXO2, VIP banquet at Banking Hall or a business lunch at The Victorian Bath House, you’ll be the ‘face’ of our events – leading exceptional team briefings and running the slickest services.
The ideal Events Operations Manager will have gained experience within event catering, luxury hotels or C&B venues. You’ll be a strong enough manager to lead a team of up to 30 front of house team members, as well as being able to liaise with our event planners and chefs. Minimum 2 years’ experience and desire to create extraordinary events are a must.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To run the team, run the business, run the venue, run the extra mile for our guests. The event manager is responsible for:
- Smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of the event, to delegate control and co-ordinate team duties for each function and to ensure the functions are run according to the rotas and daily work schedules.
- Ensuring that all events are laid up to the standards required prior to the events commencement and that all equipment is in good working order
- Ongoing communication with Kitchen brigade to ensure that all food offering is in line with the pre agreed event brief.
- Ensuring that all events specifications are met in accordance with amendments obtained from the sales and planning team
- Observing guest satisfaction and to take appropriate action to avoid guest complaints
- Dealing efficiently and politely with guest queries and complaints and to report such matters to the Senior Events Manager
- Providing ‘end of an event’ report.
- Booking 3rd party agency in line with the event budget and ensuring that all are briefed before the start of each service
- Conducting weekly inspections of all events areas for maintenance, cleanliness and general upkeep
In exchange we we’ll make the most of your strengths and nurture your development while with us.